[asterisk-users] SIP, IAX2 and ISDN ISUP data

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Jan 26 17:08:18 CST 2011

On 01/25/2011 12:44 AM, Phil Lello wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking at my options for getting access to ISDN ISUP fields from
> DDI numbers, when connecting to a 3rd party Asterisk server. This is for
> a custom voicemail solution, and at this stage I want to avoid renting a
> PRI.
>
> The information I need to capture is:
> - Calling Number
> - Called Number (e.g. the DDI handling the call)
> - Redirecting Number (e.g. the device diverting to the voicemail DDI)
> - Originally Called Number (e.g. So if Adam phones Bob, Bob is diverted
> to Charlie, and Charlie is diverted to Voicemail, then Adam probably
> doesn't want Charlie's Voicemail).

Asterisk 1.8 can receive, transmit and transport all this information
over ISDN and SIP, including mid-call updates.

> I believe this information should be in SIP Divert headers, can someone
> confirm this?

There are a number of SIP headers involved. Diversion,
P-Asserted-Identity and Remote-Party-Id, if not others.

> Do I get the same information if I use an IAX2 connection to connect a
> local Asterisk server to an external one?

It is possible that this information will transport properly across IAX2
connections between Asterisk 1.8 servers, but that scenario wasn't
tested by the developers that worked on it.

> Does IAX2 route GSM/ISDN SMS between servers, and if so, would the
> remote/ISDN connected server need to explicitly support this, or do the
> remote cards look local?

Asterisk does not support native SMS, and doesn't transport it between
servers. There is an SMS application, but it is an SMS endpoint, not a
router.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com