[asterisk-users] Asterisk and Kamailio integration on cloud EC2 amazon no voice.

DHAVAL INDRODIYA dhaval.it01034 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 01:31:22 CST 2011

Hi All,

i am stuck in NAT issue on ec2 cloud computing from last 2-3 days , may be
some of you are doing setup and integration on cloud.
below is my setup details which may help you to suggest me solution.

Asterisk version : 1.6.2.6

1) Kamailio server having public_ip as well local ip .i am using mediaproxy
[also tried rtpproxy] .

2) Asterisk server having public_ip as well local ip.

setup:

*UAC -----> KAMAILIO -----> ASTERISK*

UAC  registered to kamailio registration is successful. once it dial PSTN
number  i forwarded a call to asterisk server and then is created problem
because i am not getting any media from asterisk server.

so basically UAC sends a registered request to kamailio public ip and
kamailio and asterisk works on private ip , it sends data to asterisk
private ip, i am getting sip signaling and it looks okay. i can provide it
too if we required.

here is my asterisk sip.conf kamailio context looks like

[vmserver]
type=friend
context=default
host=***local_ip_of_kamailio***
; for below three i have tried all available options
*directmedia=nonat
directrtpsetup=yes
nat=yes
* t1min=500
disallow=all
allow=g729
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
allow=gsm
qualify=yes

let me know how to solve this nating issue also i opened all required ports
for sip. and rtp

regards
Dhaval