[asterisk-users] Recommended Windows client to display CID?

Gilles codecomplete at free.fr
Wed Jan 26 08:21:47 CST 2011

On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 14:17:37 +0000, A J Stiles
<asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk> wrote:
>A web browser on the Windows boxes; continually refreshing a CGI script hosted
>on the Asterisk server that displays data from a database, which in turn is
>updated by an AGI script run from within the dialplan whenever a call comes
>in or hangs up?

Thanks for the idea, but I'd rather display a pop-up than updating a
web page, because the notification is more obvious to the user.

>Otherwise, you'd need to run some sort of daemon on the Windows boxes that
>listened out for messages sent by an AGI script.  Maybe you can hack an
>instant messaging client to pieces for this purpose?

Before hacking my own, I'd like to make sure there isn't a good,
available solution. I'll check if there's an open-source, light,
easy-to-deploy Jabber client that I could use for this purpose.

Thank you.