[asterisk-users] Recommended Windows client to display CID?

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Wed Jan 26 08:17:37 CST 2011

On Wednesday 26 Jan 2011, Gilles wrote:
> 	I'd like to display CID information on users' monitor running
> Windows.
>
> I know I can run a script through the dialplan to send a datagram that
> is picked up Impulse Technology's free NetCID (www.imptec.com), but
> I'd rather use an open-source solution.

A web browser on the Windows boxes; continually refreshing a CGI script hosted
on the Asterisk server that displays data from a database, which in turn is
updated by an AGI script run from within the dialplan whenever a call comes
in or hangs up?

Otherwise, you'd need to run some sort of daemon on the Windows boxes that
listened out for messages sent by an AGI script.  Maybe you can hack an
instant messaging client to pieces for this purpose?

--
AJS

Answers come *after* questions.