[asterisk-users] Asterisk on Debian Lenny with timerfd

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Mon Jan 24 11:09:17 CST 2011

On 01/24/2011 07:29 AM, RR wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 4:56 AM, RR <ranjtech at gmail.com
> <mailto:ranjtech at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 4:06 AM, Roger Burton West
>     <roger at firedrake.org <mailto:roger at firedrake.org>> wrote:
>
>         On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 02:58:45AM -0500, RR wrote:
>          >In the meantime, does anyone have a nice way to update a
>         stable/stock lenny
>          >installation with the updated glibc as well as the latest kernel
>
>         At this point the easiest option will be to upgrade to squeeze.

>     Umm yeah that might not be a smart thing to do since eventually all
>     of this needs to run in a production environment and Squeeze is
>     still in a RC mode. Would be nice if I could go to it though but
>     don't think it'll be that smart esp. all other software that needs
>     to work along with it might break too...who knows

This a statement we hear from people periodically that just confuses
me... they say they can't update to an 'RC' release of something (Linux
distro, Asterisk, etc.) because they need to run in production mode, but
they're willing to consider replacing something as fundamental as the
Linux kernel (a bit scary) or glibc (very scary) instead.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com