[asterisk-users] Asterisk on Debian Lenny with timerfd

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Mon Jan 24 09:37:25 CST 2011

On 11-01-24 08:29 AM, RR wrote:
> Wow, alright, after an all-nighter, I was able to get timerfd.so compiled in
> Asterisk 1.8.2.2 under Debian Lenny 5.0.7 with Kernel 2.6.26-2-amd64. Of
> course, due to the glibc requirement of 2.8+, a lot of dodgey upgrades had
> to be performed. I have no idea how "stable" this is going to be in
> production but I am going to write a quick "How-To" and stick it on the Wiki
> if someone can point me to the correct location this should go to. A lot of
> components needs to get upgraded in the correct order to have this work
> well, but it might save someone else the time and effort. Will respond to
> this email again, with the link to the Wiki page once I am done with the
> HowTo and people tell me where it needs to go.

On the wiki at http://wiki.asterisk.org you'll want to create a Personal Space
and start documenting there. Once done, you can get it reviewed, at which point
we can move it to the final location on the wiki.

(At least this is how I believe it will work. I haven't taken any content from
start to finish on the wiki yet, so Malcolm Davenport may have a better method
for how to move it from the Personal Space to the final location.)

Thanks!
Leif.