[asterisk-users] Asterisk on Debian Lenny with timerfd

RR ranjtech at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 07:29:16 CST 2011

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 4:56 AM, RR <ranjtech at gmail.com> wrote:

>  On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 4:06 AM, Roger Burton West <roger at firedrake.org>wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 02:58:45AM -0500, RR wrote:
>> >In the meantime, does anyone have a nice way to update a stable/stock
>> lenny
>> >installation with the updated glibc as well as the latest kernel
>>
>> At this point the easiest option will be to upgrade to squeeze.

> Umm yeah that might not be a smart thing to do since eventually all of this
> needs to run in a production environment and Squeeze is still in a RC mode.
> Would be nice if I could go to it though but don't think it'll be that smart
> esp. all other software that needs to work along with it might break
> too...who knows

Wow, alright, after an all-nighter, I was able to get timerfd.so compiled in
Asterisk 1.8.2.2 under Debian Lenny 5.0.7 with Kernel 2.6.26-2-amd64. Of
course, due to the glibc requirement of 2.8+, a lot of dodgey upgrades had
to be performed. I have no idea how "stable" this is going to be in
production but I am going to write a quick "How-To" and stick it on the Wiki
if someone can point me to the correct location this should go to. A lot of
components needs to get upgraded in the correct order to have this work
well, but it might save someone else the time and effort. Will respond to
this email again, with the link to the Wiki page once I am done with the
HowTo and people tell me where it needs to go.

Cheers,
\RR