[asterisk-users] Crossover cable for E1 ?

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Mon Jan 24 06:54:57 CST 2011

On Monday 24 Jan 2011, Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> On Monday 24 January 2011 03:46:18 A J Stiles wrote:
> > white/blue blue white/green orange white/orange green white/brown brown
>
> This is incorrect.  The pairs should be:
>
> blue white/blue white/green white/orange orange green white/brown brown
>
> Wire 1 MUST swap with 4 and Wire 2 MUST swap with 5.  To do as you have
> shown above switches the polarity on each electrical circuit.  It is
> especially important that you do not switch the polarity, as some equipment
> does not auto-correct for reversed polarity.

I stand corrected -- though, the arrangement I described has definitely worked
for me in the past  (I'm looking right now at a homebrew crossover cable I
replaced with a longer one when we installed a new server),  so maybe our
WCT410P is just more forgiving than some kit out there?

Anyway, Tilghman is the expert, I'm just a satisfied user :)

--
AJS

Answers come *after* questions.