[asterisk-users] Asterisk stops responding

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Sat Jan 22 12:02:08 CST 2011

     Asterisk is becoming a bit unstable and it stops responding.  This is now
happening every week or so.  The asterisk process is up but you cannot connect
to the CLI and no calls come in or out.  The only thing I can find in the log
files is this:

[Jan 22 04:16:02] ERROR[19825] asterisk.c: Unable to spawn thread to handle
connection: Cannot allocate memory
[Jan 22 04:21:02] ERROR[19825] asterisk.c: Unable to spawn thread to handle
connection: Cannot allocate memory
[Jan 22 07:54:41] WARNING[19845] pbx.c: Failed to create new channel thread
[Jan 22 07:54:41] WARNING[19845] chan_dahdi.c: Unable to start PBX on DAHDI/20-1

     At 4am there are no users in the system and no calls coming into the E1.
 When the calls start coming in we get the second pair of messages.  We are
using Asterisk 1.6.2.16 (we have upgraded twice since the problem began).
CentOS 5.5 is up to date with the latest patches.  The interval between
failures dropped from a month to a week so this is a critical concern now.  I
do not s

--
Carlos Chavez
Director de Tecnología