[asterisk-users] Hint for queues

Philipp Walker pwalker-voip at binatec.ch
Sat Jan 22 08:20:01 CST 2011

Hi list,

Is there any way, patch or Asterisk version that supports hints for queues?
Something like this:
 exten => 1234,hint,Queue:55
I'd like to monitor the state of my queue(s) using my phones' BLF lamps/keys,
e.g.
 Incoming call in the queue -> BLF blinks (other states don't really matter).

There once (= a long time ago) was a bug report or feature request on this,
but I don't have any clue if this was ever been implemented.

Or is there a way to achieve this using Custom Device State
(DEVSTATE/DEVICE_STATE)?

Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks and best regards,
Philipp

P.S.: I'm not looking for a way to monitor the agents' login status but the
state of the queue itsfel.