[asterisk-users] Asterisk extension not found problem...

abhinav anand a.abhinav100 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 16:57:18 CST 2011

Hi Steve,

Here are the answers to the questions.

*1) Do you need to do a 'dialplan reload?'*
I don't need to do a dialplan reload. Infact there is no such command as
"dialplan reload". I simply do a "reload" each time I make a config change.

*2) Are you sure you are editing the extensions.conf that your Asterisk is
configured to read?*
There are two extensions.conf files present in
*/etc/asterisk/extensions.conf
/home/moment/openbts-uhd/public-trunk/AsteriskConfig/extensions.conf
*I am making the changes in /etc/asterisk file. However, when I have tried
putting same changes in other file too but again no success.

*3) Do you start Asterisk with the ? command line option?*
I start Asteisk using "sudo asterisk -vvvvvvvgcr" or "sudo asterisk -r". *"-c"
says Asterisk already running on /var/run/asterisk/asterisk.ctl.  Use
'asterisk -r' to connect*.
.

*4) What is the value of 'astetcdir' in asterisk.conf?*
The value is as astetcdir => /etc/asterisk and other values are:
[directories](!) ; remove the (!) to enable this
astetcdir => /etc/asterisk
astmoddir => /usr/lib/asterisk/modules
astvarlibdir => /var/lib/asterisk
astdbdir => /var/lib/asterisk
astkeydir => /var/lib/asterisk
astdatadir => /usr/share/asterisk
astagidir => /usr/share/asterisk/agi-bin
astspooldir => /var/spool/asterisk
astrundir => /var/run/asterisk
astlogdir => /var/log/asterisk

Some extra information:
- My asterisk version is *Asterisk 1.6.2.5-0ubuntu1.1 built by buildd @
palmer on a i686 running Linux on 2010-07-16 13:24:33 UTC*
- I am not able to verify the symlink between the two extensions.conf files

Thanks,
Abhinav