[asterisk-users] Can I know if a call is transffered to asterisk

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Jan 18 06:11:49 CST 2011

On 01/18/2011 04:41 AM, ishagh ouldbah wrote:
> Good morning
> My situation is as folowing
> I have a numer that connect to my asterisk
> I configured another phone to transfer to this number
> So when somebody call me he will be transffered to the number which
> asterisk connect to
> i.e my asterisk connected phone is not the originated number
> My question is: How can I know if the call has been transfered to me and
> what was the number originated by the caller.

If you are receiving the call over an ISDN PRI, and the PRI provider
includes RDNIS information, you can inspect that from the dialplan to
get the 'redirecting number' (the number that redirected the call to
you). Note that this is *not* a transfer (which is a manually initiated
operation), but a call forward/redirection.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com