[asterisk-users] Top Posting

Mark Murawski markm-lists at intellasoft.net
Mon Jan 17 20:56:49 CST 2011

On 01/17/2011 08:26 PM, Matt Riddell wrote:
> On 17/01/11 4:29 PM, jon pounder wrote:
>> Surely there is some mail client smart enough to be able to flip around
>> the levels of indenting so most recent is top or bottom.
>> If not quit bitching and make one - I will continue top posting since I
>> don't seem to be alone in preferring it.

That was one of the first things that came to mind.

> I'm definitely more keen on inline replies - if you reply to 20 points
> in someone's email you quote the part you're replying to then reply to it.

That was the standard for much of the 90's for emails.  I do like that
method but most people don't seem to do it anymore.

> In a long email it's the only way. Otherwise you'd scroll down to find
> the question, scroll up to find the answer, scroll down to find the next
> question, scroll up for the next answer etc - crazy.

It's also easier to keep the context of what's going on.  If replying in
one big block, I try to keep the style of one paragraph of response for
each paragraph of question, but sometimes stuff just mixes in between
and you can easily lose context.

> Much easier when replies are inline with the questions.

It gets hard to follow when there's a dozen nested levels of reply.  In
conclusion, I think it "just depends" (tm).