[asterisk-users] Top Posting

Fred Posner fred at teamforrest.com
Sun Jan 16 20:43:00 CST 2011

On Mon, 2011-01-17 at 02:31 +0000, James Miller wrote:
> I hate to disagree but I find it much, much easier to follow conversations when the newest reply is on top.  I find it too time consuming to scroll through a long message just to find out someone left a three word reply.
>
> As I am on my blackberry more than I am at a pc, if I don't see the reply as soon as I open the message it gets deleted without being read.  Time is money and I don't have time to scroll through every message.
>
> I will agree that sometimes it is helpful to make replies at the bottom and I will attempt to keep the peace by posting at the bottom when I can, but top posting is easier and more clean to read than having 100 lines of > and broken lines.
>
> Warmest regards,
> James
>

> Sent from my Verizon BlackBerry. Always on, Always Connected

I cannot imagine considering scrolling to the end of an email time
consuming. Very sad. If you find it too difficult on your blackberry to
press the B key (to jump to the bottom of the message) then I am
uncertain how you have enough time to even read this email.

I'm all for good arguments. That "time consuming" one is just lazy.

I personally find top posting annoying and only serving to an immediate
conversation. Particularly useless if referencing the message later.

--

With best regards,

---fred
http://qxork.com