[asterisk-users] Top Posting

Don Kelly dk at donkelly.biz
Sat Jan 15 08:29:04 CST 2011

> Paul Belanger wrote:
>
> It is not a matter of preference, it is actually a rule [1]. Top-posting
> is also an annoying practice [2] and NOT the general accepted way to
reply.

> [1] http://www.asterisk.org/community/rules
> [2] http://linux.sgms-centre.com/misc/netiquette.php#toppost

Thanks for pointing out the rule ([1] #5); this is a more effective way of
communicating the list's etiquette than the snide asides that we generally
see. It also conforms to the rule ([1] #1) that says posts should be
"considerate and respectful."

With regard to my preference, I stand by my explanation in my first post in
this thread. I think the main argument for bottom-posting is we've been
doing it that way for decades.

That said, of course I want to follow this list's etiquette. I've posted a
couple times asking how I can interleave responses in Outlook or what other
approach can I take to make it practical to stop top-posting. Any
suggestions?

--

  --Don