[asterisk-users] Music on Hold not working?

James Miller paramedic18 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 08:20:10 CST 2011

I'm going out on a limb here, as I'm still pretty new to Astrisk and running
my own VOIP server, however I believe there is a bug or flaw with the Music
on Hold feature.

I have it all configured and it should work, and it did briefly several
weeks ago, however now, it doesn't work at all and only plays the default
hold music.

I have tried

noload => res_timing_dahdi.so

in the etc/asterisk/modules.conf file, however that doesn't work.  I've
tried moving that line to the very top, very bottom, and several places in
the middle, and still can not get MOH to work.

I don't use dahdi, nor do I use the local Telco lines.  It is strictly a
VOIP trunk. Yes I know there are advantages and disadvantages to this kind
of set up, however, I have a failover route set up and configured with the
trunk provider, so I am ok with what I have at this point.

Currently AstriskNOW/FreePBX is installed on:

Dell precision 490 workstation
Dual xeon 5100 dual core processors
4gb ECC Buffered Ram
73GB 15krpm hard drive

The Machine has Xen server installed with asterisknow running on its own VM
with:

2 cores
2gb ram
40gb hard drive space

I installed AsteriskNow 64bit image that is available for download from
Freepbx's website, and have done all of the updates that both the freepbx
interface, as well as CLI yum update command suggests with no fixing of the
problem.

I thank you all in advance for taking the time to read this issue and look
forward to hopefully fixing my MOH.

Warmest Regards,
James

"I see blindness, not as a disability, but more of an ability.  And Sight
actually, more of a disability because some people with sight tend to judge
others by what they see on the outside, whereas I don't see that. I just see
that which is in a person."  Patrick Henry Hughes, Louisville Kentucky,2008

Let us never forget our fallen men and women of the armed forces who's
future's were lost protecting the future's of the free world.