[asterisk-users] How to reject an incoming call using AMI ?

Olivier oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr
Tue Jan 11 02:04:57 CST 2011

2011/1/11 Phuong Hoang <ducphuongbk200586 at gmail.com>

> Hi Rodrigo,
> Can you say clearlier about using command Hangup in the AMI to reject or
> hang up a incoming call?I also have the same issue.
> Thanks and looks forward to listening your reply soon!
> Best regards,
> Phuong
>

> On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 2:13 PM, Rodrigo Lang <
> rodrigoferreiralang at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi. You see the comando Hangup in the AMI?
>>

>> Best regards,
>> Rodrigo Lang.
>>
>> 2011/1/10 Olivier <oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr>
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> For a call center, I'm studying how I can offer agents the ability to
>>> reject an incoming call using a custom application.
>>> As you can guess, in this case, rejecting a call means "let another agent
>>> answer this call" (it
>>> doesn't mean "end this call").
>>>
>>> The only way I could imagine for this to happen, would be to redirect the
>>> caller to a conference room, then hangup
>>> the agent call leg and then redirect the caller back to the appropriate
>>> queue, hoping the caller wouldn't be once again
>>> forwarded to the busy agent.
>>>
>>> Which way to implement this  would you suggest or recommend ?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>> --
>> Rodrigo Lang
>> Opening your mind - Just another Open Source site<http://openingyourmind.wordpress.com/>
>>

>> --
>>

> --

My understanding is:
if using AMI or console, you hangup one call leg, both legs will be hanged
up.

In this case, I'm looking for a way to reproduce IP phones Reject feature.
With this feature, a ringing SIP phone would reply to an incoming call with
Busy signal which will be treated as such by Asterisk.
Hopefully, this Busy reply would let the incoming go to the next available
agent.