[asterisk-users] Sangoma U100 failing every Monday - USB port problem or Wanrouter issue?

Sebastian shop at open-t.co.uk
Mon Jan 3 01:18:40 UTC 2011

Hi,

On 01/02/2011 08:08 PM, Bruce B wrote:
> Thanks for the input. I have the latest drivers but it seems that there
> is some serious incompatibility issue with the kernel as when the
> FLASHING happens even if the system is restarted it's still not
> detected. One has to re-plug it in and then it shows in "wanrouter hwprobe".
>
> It could also be that the atom board is not compatible with the driver
> in my case. It your /var/log/messages upon restart do you any line that
> might match this:
> *
> *
> *cd /var/log/*
> *grep -o "device not accepting address" **
> *grep -o "USB device is disconnected" **
> *dmesg | egrep "device not accepting address" *
> *dmesg | egrep "USB device is disconnected" *
>
> If not then you are not experiencing the same issue. If you have then
> it's a universal issue and not hardware specific.
>
> I would really appreciate it if you look into your logs and let me know.

If you are asking me to look into the logs when the U100 is not
recognised and it is flashing - I'm afraid I can't help much - as this
problem went away and haven't had issues any more for at least 6-8
months now. Considering the U100 persist in giving problems even after
computer restarts somehow sounds to me like a hardware issue. I wouldn't
be surprised if the Acer Aspire motherboard is not coping very well with
both of them being plugged in - although, obviously, it should.

This linux-usb FAQ seems to also suggest that the problem is hardware
(based on the "device is not accepting address" error message):

http://www.linux-usb.org/FAQ.html#ts6

Have you tried disabling in bios everything you don't use - maybe sound
card, wifi etc. to free some IRQ's?

I run kernel 2.6.33.4-smp - just in case it helps.

Let me know if you need any other info. If you find a final solution - I
would be curious to know - just in case I will stumble over this problem.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to build a script which grep's lsusb output -
and run it through cron maybe every 10 minutes - to try and determine
more precisely when does the U100 stop being recognised. Then you can
look through the logs to see if there is anything else happening in the
system around the same time.

Sebastian