[asterisk-users] Using voice modem as poor man's FXO in Asterisk 1.8

asterisk asterisk asterisk at ck-lee.com
Sun Feb 27 20:36:11 CST 2011

HI,

My understanding is that the modem won't work. I believe asterisk does not
support.

I wonder why you do not have the built in ethernet in your motherboard. You
can spare your PCI slot for a proper FXO card and use USB-to-ethernet

For a PCI FXO card, the cheapest will be X100 but be aware of the quality
and compatibility. Or a better choice will be  TDM400

Other alternative:
Get a USB-FXO from Sangoma, expensive
Get a working SPA3000 as FXO --- cheapest I believe
Get a OBi100, out of stock at the moment. I also want to try

Hope this is of help to you

CK