[asterisk-users] Carrying context from one server to another?

Daniel Tryba daniel at tryba.nl
Thu Feb 24 07:51:11 CST 2011

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 11:38:17AM +0000, Roger Burton West wrote:
> The relevant part of my setup is something like:
>
> SIP phones -> local server -> remote server -> SIP-to-PSTN provider
>
> I want _some_ of the SIP phones on the local server to be able to get
> access to SIP-to-PSTN, but not all of them. The local-to-remote
> connection is IAX2 over VPN.

The way I would to this is by blocking them on the localserver (with
different contexts). An other solution would be to set prefixes on the
extension when dialing from local to remote and use these to filter, not
very elegant but works over any transport. I use this to do multitenant
billing on the remote server in places where I only want 1 IAX trunk.
Whether this is effective depends on your control of the local server.

--

   Daniel Tryba