[asterisk-users] Carrying context from one server to another?

Roger Burton West roger at firedrake.org
Thu Feb 24 05:38:17 CST 2011

The relevant part of my setup is something like:

SIP phones -> local server -> remote server -> SIP-to-PSTN provider

I want _some_ of the SIP phones on the local server to be able to get
access to SIP-to-PSTN, but not all of them. The local-to-remote
connection is IAX2 over VPN.

Do I need to set up two separate IAX2 connections, one "privileged" and
the other not, or can I somehow tag calls from some phones on the local
server so that they're noted as privileged on the remote server?