[asterisk-users] Assigning an extension to a roaming phone

Axelle aafortinet at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 10:07:51 CST 2011

>> Axelle, please post the CLI output from the 3001 call and I'll put up a
>> dialplan that should work for you.
>
> <snip>
>
> Not what I asked for, but here's what I can tell you.

Oh I'm sorry but then what are you asking for? I thought it was the
console messages on Asterisk.

 From what you posted,
> you can dial and outside number and from in-house you can dial 2102 or 2103.
> The way the dialplan works is that you set up specific numbers that will be
> valid like you have done with 2102, 2103 and 3001 or a range of numbers that
> will be valid like 4000-4999.  For the 4XXX "magic number" snippet to ever
> work correctly, it has to dial an outside number or a pre-defined in-house
> extension.
>
> From what you posted, if you dial 4002, the call should properly connect to
> 2103.

Yes, indeed, but that's not what I want it to do. 2103 does not
correspond to anyone.

Yeah, by the way, just to make that clear: the roaming phone does not
have *any phone number*. I need the dialplan to assign one. Re-routing
to another number won't work, as there is no other number...

Thanks
Axelle