[asterisk-users] Assigning an extension to a roaming phone

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Tue Feb 22 09:15:36 CST 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Axelle
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2011 8:48 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Assigning an extension to a roaming phone

H Danny,

> Axelle, please post the CLI output from the 3001 call and I'll put up a
> dialplan that should work for you.

<snip>

Not what I asked for, but here's what I can tell you.  From what you posted,
you can dial and outside number and from in-house you can dial 2102 or 2103.
The way the dialplan works is that you set up specific numbers that will be
valid like you have done with 2102, 2103 and 3001 or a range of numbers that
will be valid like 4000-4999.  For the 4XXX "magic number" snippet to ever
work correctly, it has to dial an outside number or a pre-defined in-house
extension.