[asterisk-users] First go at a stock 1.8 install -- where's DAHDI?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sun Feb 20 09:38:03 CST 2011

On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 04:15:15PM -0500, Ken D'Ambrosio wrote:
> Hi, all.  I've finally made the jump from 1.4 to 1.8.  I've installed
> everything (I think), my Sangoma card initializes right... but there's no
> "dahdi" command -- not from the base, nor as a subset of the "core"
> commands.  I've got my channels configured in my chan_dahdi.conf file.
> What am I missing, here?

This may be caused by one of two things:

1. You have not built chan_dahdi.so
2. You built chan_dahdi.so, but it has failed to load (normally because
   of broken configuration)

Try running the following from the Asterisk CLI (rasterisk):

  module unload chan_dahdi.so

That one will likely give an error message. Ignore it.

  module load chan_dahdi.so

What error do you get from that?

--
               Tzafrir Cohen