[asterisk-users] Assigning an extension to a roaming phone

Axelle aafortinet at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 10:20:41 CST 2011

Hi,

>I'm thinking that _4XXX is an "over-complication".  _4XXX means you could
>dial any number from 4000 through 4999 inclusive and get the extension at
>SIP/${ROAM}.

Well it's kind of what I want.
I have a roaming phone that comes in. He dials 3001, sets his
extension to 123, so that he is assigned 4123.
I have another roamding phone that comes in. Dials 3001, sets his
extension to 124. He is assigned 4124.
Or at least that's how I understand it.

In reality, what I only need is all roaming phones to get assigned an
extension (within a given range) and to have a way to find their
extension number.
Roaming phone 1 comes in. Get assigned (automatically) 4001.
Roaming phone 2 comes in. Get assigned (automatically) 4002.
Roaming phone 3 comes in. Get assigned (automatically) 4003.
etc

>I'd change the line 2
>- exten => _4XXX,n,Dial(SIP/${ROAM},30,,mKkTt)

looks pretty similar to the previous line - apart from that mKkTt.
What is that for?
What's wrong with the previous line.

>Or
>- exten => 4123,1,Dial(SIP/${ROAM},30,,mKkTt)

That would only match case where roaming user wants to be assigned
4123, but it would not work for - say - 4124.

Thanks.