[asterisk-users] SIP Hardphone that works well with asterisk

randulo randulo at randulo.com
Fri Feb 18 07:50:41 CST 2011

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 2:44 PM, Sherwood McGowan
<sherwood.mcgowan at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm VERY partial to Aastra's devices. Seriously, they don't take as long to
> boot as Polycoms, they're relatively inexpensive but are not CHEAP (like a
<snip>

Great info.

> I do have a complaint about Aastra though...Because of my client's happiness
> with the brand, and because I personally think they're worth suggesting, I
> spoke with Aastra about becoming an authorized reseller...filled out the
> paperwork, scanned it and emailed it to the rep I was working with......and
> never heard another word...For a phone device company to never get back to a

Isn't this irritating? This is the era of recommendations on the net
and sales via email and e-commerce. The traditional phones mfrs are so
1990 - wanting to control everything. I guess they can "afford" to
piss consultants like you off, which is a shame IMO. And if they're
not reading this list, they're even more lame than I thought.
Meanwhile, they're probably spamming the heck out of people who aren't
interested.

/r