[asterisk-users] trunk not working if I register a phone at the same IP as the trunk peer's IP

Faisal Hanif faisal at vopium.com
Wed Feb 16 10:54:15 CST 2011

Well a quick n easy fix for you is you can configure you call sending peers
to use username & secret in INVITE. As far as I know it possible in almost
all CISCO, Avaya and all other standard Gateway and SBCs which follows full
SIP RFCs.

If you can't do it then you need to use curl as realtime engine instead of
MySQL. It will call a URL for each SIP request which you can handle with
flexibility in your CGI scripts with apache. But be careful as per my
experience asterisk 1.6 with curl as realtime engine can handle a max of 120
registration in parallel if registration refresh time is 120 seconds.

Faisal Hanif