[asterisk-users] trunk not working if I register a phone at the same IP as the trunk peer's IP

Ricardo Carvalho rjcarvalho.lists at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 10:40:35 CST 2011

How should I configure my asterisk server so that I can receive calls from
an unregistered peer from whom I also receive registrations of sip phones?

I'm asking you this, because with my actual configuration, when I register a
contact from that peer's IP, no more inbound calls are accepted from that
peer, as my asterisk rejects those INVITEs with "407 Proxy Authentication
Required", I assume because they don't carry the registered contact
registration!!!
My SIP contacts have type=friend and all inbound calls not coming from my
registered phones fall in the default context without authentication, so
that someone in the Internet be able to call freely through the Internet
anyone in my server's dial plan.

Some ideas?

Regards,
Ricardo Carvalho.