[asterisk-users] Fax Woes

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Feb 15 06:42:31 CST 2011

On 02/14/2011 10:00 PM, Mike Diehl wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to get outgoing fax working from an SPA2102 to a PSTN fax machine
> via a T.38 enabled trunk. I've got
> t38pt_udptl = yes
> faxdetect=no
>
> in my sip.conf file. The ATA has all of the T.38 options turned on, echo
> cancellation is off, as well as silence suppression off. The only
> configured codec is u711.
>
> When the user tries to send a fax, it gets to the point where it issues a
> reInvite to start the T.38, then the called side receives a SIP 488 (Not
> Acceptable Here)
>
> Where should I start? Any pointers would be most welcome.

As is always the case, posting a complete (*all* logger levels enabled)
log capture, with SIP debugging enabled, is the way to get started.
Nobody can effectively help you without seeing exactly what is happening
first.

It would also help if you didn't use the word 'it' to mean different
things in a single sentence :-) Clarity and completeness make it much
easier for people to understand what you are trying to express.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com