[asterisk-users] Cisco 7960 & asterisk 1.8.22 ringlist.dat error

Jonathan Thurman jonathan at thurmantech.com
Mon Feb 14 12:01:50 CST 2011

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 9:04 AM, James Miller <paramedic18 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I did the command listed, and its actually requesting RINGLIST.DAT, so I
> changed the filename to match its request but now its showing in the ring
> type setting:
>
> Chirp 1
> Chirp 2
> 24 24-ring-tone-1.raw
> Att1 ring_att1.pcm
> .

You should only see the description of the file on the display.  Make
sure that the description and filename are tab-separated, since spaces
are allowed in the description.

> However, when you attempt to play one it says Loading Ringer File but it
> doesn’t do anything.  So now it’s at least seeing the file, now it just
> won’t play them.

You can run the same command ( tcpdump -nn port 69 ) to view what file
the phone is attempting to download from the tftp server.  My guess is
that it isn't pulling anything down or something like "24
24-ring-tone-1.raw" if the file is not tab separated.

-Jonathan