[asterisk-users] Callback through extensions.conf?

Gilles codecomplete at free.fr
Mon Feb 14 07:21:50 CST 2011

On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 10:35:52 +0100, Gilles <codecomplete at free.fr>
wrote:
>If someone's already built a callback like the above using an FXO
>module, I would appreciate any feedback to try and solve this issue.

I learned more about Local channels, but this doesn't work either:

===================
[from_fxo]
;Wait for RINGs to stop. Poor man's call progress
exten => s,1,Wait(15)
exten => s,n,Hangup

;to be totally positive FXO is available
exten => h,1,Wait(30)
exten => h,n,Dial(Local/start at callback)

[callback]
exten => start,1,Dial(Zap/1/${CELLPHONE})
exten => start,n,Hangup
===================
-- Executing [start at callback:2] Dial("Local/start at callback-6c11,2",
"Zap/1/123456") in new stack
[Feb 14 13:10:26] WARNING[233]: app_dial.c:1183 dial_exec_full: Unable
to create channel of type 'Zap' (cause 0 - Unknown)
== Everyone is busy/congested at this time (1:0/0/1)

-- Executing [start at callback:3] Hangup("Local/start at callback-6c11,2",
"") in new stack
== Spawn extension (callback, start, 3) exited non-zero on
'Local/start at callback-6c11,2'

Could it be that while we're in the dialplan after getting a call from
the FXO, the FXO is just not available until after we exit the
dialplan? In this case, I guess the only way to make a callback is to
record the call in a file/database, and create a CRON job so that the
call is made through an external application and AMI.

Thank you.