[asterisk-users] Call Recording audio file quality query

Ishfaq Malik ish at pack-net.co.uk
Tue Feb 8 05:09:55 CST 2011

Hi

We're getting requests coming in for higher quality audio in our call
recordings. We currently use MixMonitor and everything is being saved in
it's native 8000Hz, 16 bit wav format.

I have seen information on using Monitor and specifying a conversion to
mp3 when the call ends and the 2 channels get mixed but surely the 2
channels are already saved as 16bit 8000Hz wav files so the quality is
lost already?

Is there any way of making high quality recordings of call content?

We're currently using asterisk 1.4 and soon upgrading to 1.8

Thanks in Advance

Ish
--
Ishfaq Malik