[asterisk-users] MP3 Crashing Asterisk

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Mon Feb 7 10:57:10 CST 2011

On Saturday 05 Feb 2011, Timothy Smith wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 7:32 PM, A J Stiles
> <asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk> wrote:
> > Can you listen to an mp3 file through the Asterisk server's own sound
> > card (if it has one; if not, use the -w option to write to a .wav file,
> > and test that by copying it to another machine which has a sound card),
> >  by invoking mpg123 from the command line?
>
> Unfortunately, I cannot as the server is in a remote location. I also
> have to read about crash dumps to establish which file exactly cuases
> the crash. I have too much debugging but I usually see
> [Feb  5 08:15:51] WARNING[4895] mp3/interface.c: Junk at the beginning
> of frame 49443303 or
> [Feb  5 02:14:05] WARNING[7447]: mp3/interface.c:216 decodeMP3: Junk
> at the beginning of frame 49443304
>  just before the crash.

OK.  If you've no physical access to the Asterisk server then use something
like
$ mpg123 -w filename.wav filename.mp3
to convert an MP3 file to a .wav file, and see if that works -- it should take
noticeably less time than the length of the sound file.

If that seems to work without crashing, then copy the resulting .wav file to
some machine with a sound card and make sure it plays OK.

--
AJS

Answers come *after* questions.