[asterisk-users] MP3 Crashing Asterisk

Timothy Smith timotsmith at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 07:02:52 CST 2011

Hi Users,

I have a problem with some of my mp3 files. they crash the system
(Asterisk 1.6.2.14 on a x86_64 running Fedora 13 ) when it tries to
play them. Unfortunately the logs do not give me a clear fault or
cause of crash but i can clearly see that ts because of the MP3 files.
Its the way some files are encoded. Is there a way I can make it skip
the files that can be played? I use the Playback() and Background()
Applications (Not MP3Player)

Has anyone experienced this before? I searched the archives but the
few posts are all for way back in 2003, so they are not so helpful.

I also tried converting the files to wav or sln but there is severe
music quality loss. Anyone knows a relieable way of converting the
files?

Thank you!
Tim