[asterisk-users] Recompile Asterisk

LL digium at 9h9.org
Sat Dec 31 02:16:11 CST 2011

The "*show version*" command returns : *Asterisk 1.4.25.1 built by root @*
(Danny) Your idea seems to be the safest one.

This is what I'll do :
1 - setup a *new virtual machine* with the same OS and version as the
*master server* where asterisk is installed.
2 - *vm asterisk - *install the required libraries to compile asterisk
and other custom apps
3 - *vm asterisk - *compile custom apps (app_mp4  ->
http://asteriskvideo.svn.sourceforge.net/)
4 - *vm asterisk - *compile asterisk 1.4.25 (my version is 25 and not
13)  any good tutorial on this ?
5 - *master asterisk - *backup **server modules -
/usr/local/asterisk/modules/*.so
6 - copy the newest compile modules from the *vm asterisk* to the
*master asterisk*

Questions:
1 - Do I need to backup any other files besides
/usr/local/asterisk/modules/*.so   ?
2 - Will asterisk "assume" the new modules just by restarting it ?
3 - if everything goes wrong can I restore asterisk by coping the backup
modules ?

Any help will be very welcome,
Happy 2012!
LL