[asterisk-users] Recompile Asterisk

LL digium at 9h9.org
Fri Dec 30 11:11:45 CST 2011

I'm sorry if I gave conflicting information but I didn't setup this
specific freepbx/asterisk and I'm not sure if it was compiled from
source, probably not, but I'll have to double check it the person that
installed it. I know that I currently running asterisk 1.4.13 + FreePBX
2.9.0.7 on  CentOS 5 x64.
I need to compile app_mp4 and I've read that I need to compile asterisk
from source in order to achieve this, does this make any sense ?
I'm following a tutorial on how to compile app_mp4  at
http://web.archive.org/web/20090322060930/http://sip.fontventa.com/content/view/15/44/,
but I'm afraid to go ahead and lose my current freepbx/asterisk settings.
I'm pretty new to asterisk, based on this, some of my questions may not
the the million dollar questions..., basically, what I need is to
install the app_mp4 and several others apps and make sure the system
config (extensions, trunks, etc) is preserved.
any good advises ?

Thank you all,
regards
LL