[asterisk-users] queue not skipping ringing phone

Sebastian Denz asterisk-users at gonicus.de
Wed Dec 28 02:21:14 CST 2011

Am Mittwoch 21 Dezember 2011, 07:04:03 schrieb Matt Hamilton:
> I have a queue that distributes calls among 3 phones. When a phone is in
> use (including on hold), queue skips that device and sends the call to the
> next available one as expected. On the other hand, if a call comes in
> while one of the phones is ringing, the queue doesn't seem to recognize
> that phone as "in use" and sends the second call to the ringing phone. If
> the first call is answered, the second call is sent to the next available
> phone right away.
>
> I'm new to asterisk and wondering if this is normal; I thought the ringing
> phone would be skipped "as in use" as well. Is there a setting on the
> asterisk side that I can use to force the queue to skip the "ringing"
> phone, or should this somehow be done on the phone itself?
>
> Thanks,
> Matt

I think it is up to your phones to allow only one concurrent session,
you could check call-waiting is deactivated on your phones?!

If your phones allow more than one active dialog you probably wont have that
much fun with queues...

And make sure you have read the "Queue Empty Options" section of the
queues.conf example as some parameters changed to be more flexible
(joinempty = ringing etc... ). That could be interesting too...

hth,
Sebastian Denz
--
Sebastian Denz <denz at GONICUS.de> (Senior Technical Consultant)
* GONICUS GmbH * Moehnestrasse 11-17 * D-59755 Arnsberg

*Sitz der Gesellschaft: Moehnestrasse 11-17 * D-59755 Arnsberg
*Geschaeftsfuehrer: Rainer Luelsdorf, Alfred Schroeder
*Vorsitzender des Beirats: Juergen Michels
*Amtsgericht Arnsberg * HRB 1968