[asterisk-users] queue not skipping ringing phone

Matt Hamilton mistral9999 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 21 00:04:03 CST 2011

I have a queue that distributes calls among 3 phones. When a phone is in use (including on hold), queue skips that device and sends the call to the next available one as expected. On the other hand, if a call comes in while one of the phones is ringing, the queue doesn't seem to recognize that phone as "in use" and sends the second call to the ringing phone. If the first call is answered, the second call is sent to the next available phone right away.

I'm new to asterisk and wondering if this is normal; I thought the ringing phone would be skipped "as in use" as well. Is there a setting on the asterisk side that I can use to force the queue to skip the "ringing" phone, or should this somehow be done on the phone itself?

Thanks,
Matt

Below is the queues.conf:

[qtemplate]
announce-frequency=0
announce-holdtime=no
announce-position=no
autofill=yes
eventmemberstatus=no
eventwhencalled=no
joinempty=strict
leavewhenempty=strict
maxlen=0
memberdelay=0
penaltymemberslimit=0
periodic-announce-frequency=0
queue-callswaiting=silence/1
Sendqueue-thereare=silence/1
queue-youarenext=silence/1
reportholdtime=no
ringinuse=no
servicelevel=60
strategy=rrmemory
timeout=0
timeoutpriority=app
timeoutrestart=no
retry=0
weight=0
wrapuptime=0
musicclass=default
monitor-type=MixMonitor
monitor-format=wav

[q1000](qtemplate)
member=Local/1001 at handle-queue,,,SIP/1001
member=Local/1002 at handle-queue,,,SIP/1002
member=Local/1003 at handle-queue,,,SIP/1003