[asterisk-users] how to stop hacking of my server

Tim Nelson tnelson at rockbochs.com
Tue Dec 27 09:04:41 CST 2011

----- Original Message -----
> On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 11:54 PM, virendra bhati < virbhati at gmail.com
> > wrote:
>

> Hi list someone is trying to hack my server . Is there any way by
> whcih I can stop hacking of my server except iptables ? I want to stop
> on the basis of sip.conf account only. bcoz I can't apply iptables
> rules on server it's remote server of server provider and we used it
> for making voip call for customers.

Odd nobody else mentioned it yet, so I'll do it...

Check out fail2ban. If you have peers or systems that you cannot restrict by IP and must leave relatively 'open', fail2ban will see the failed attempts, and after a configurable number of failures, will automatically add the offending IP to IPtables.

See here: http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Fail2Ban+(with+iptables)+And+Asterisk

--Tim