[asterisk-users] how to stop hacking of my server

Carlos Alvarez carlos at televolve.com
Tue Dec 27 08:25:30 CST 2011

On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 11:54 PM, virendra bhati <virbhati at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi list someone is trying to hack my server . Is there any way by whcih I
> can stop hacking of my server except iptables ? I want to stop on the basis
> of sip.conf account only. bcoz I can't apply iptables rules on server it's
> remote server of server provider and we used it for making voip call for
> customers.

Your iptables question has been answered, but I also wanted to comment on
SIP account naming.  Don't name them something obvious, particularly
numbers, since they will be attacked constantly.  Name your SIP peers
something that isn't going to be in the standard attack scripts.  We use
letters.numbers format to name them.

--
Carlos Alvarez
TelEvolve