[asterisk-users] fromstring in voicemail.conf

Todd Routhier fonemasta at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 11:32:31 CST 2011

I have attempted to set the fromstring option on a per context basis in
voicemail.conf but it doesn't seem to work. I would like to somehow either
set this based on context, number dialed into or some other way.

Would it be possible to set this option in the general section to a channel
variable, then set the variable as the call is on the way in?

Any other way?

OR am I just stuck with one single fromstring for all voice mails forever?

Also, does anyone know where I can find a list of options that are
definable at the context level in voicemail.conf? I have searched for this
quite a bit but no luck so far. I now the obvious ones like time zone etc..

Hmm, I am wondering now if I can set it on email mailbox. Instead of one
time in the context. Trying that now.

Thanks in advance!