[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.4.x segfaulting daily

Patrick Lists asterisk-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Wed Dec 14 07:58:00 CST 2011

On 14-12-11 13:56, Paulo Santos wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> An Asterisk installation that was doing fine suddenly stared segfaulting
> a couple of times per day. I enabled all the logging and debugging to
> try to find a pattern but there was too much information to see exactly
> where it broke. So I enabled core dump and did backtraces and all of
> them seem to break on ast_setstate, setting the state to AST_STATE_DOWN.
> That's pretty much the only thing I can make of it, don't even know if
> that's correct.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas on why this is happening? The backtrace is
> attached.
>
> P.S.: I've switched the whole hardware already, including the BRI card
> (B400P, OpenVox). Also tried different versions of Asterisk, Dahdi and
> mISDN. I'm stuck with 1.4 Asterisk branch and mISDN v1.

If the suggestion from Steve Davies doesn't work out for you then my
suggestion would be to try out the latest DAHDI & libpri with the latest
Asterisk 1.8 because those versions have built-in support for the 4x BRI
HFC chipset which can be found on the Digium b410p and the Openvox
B400P. This way you no longer need mISDN V1 and have recent versions
with tons of bugs fixed.

Here are instructions from Openvox:
http://wiki.openvox.cn/index.php/OpenVox_B400P_User_Manual_for_dahdi

Please note that in the instructions they use older versions. I would
use the latest DAHDI, libpri (don't forget this one) and asterisk 1.8
available here: https://www.asterisk.org/downloads

Regards,
Patrick