[asterisk-users] Polycoms rebooting themselves

Mike Diehl mdiehl at diehlnet.com
Tue Aug 30 23:58:14 CDT 2011

On Tuesday 30 August 2011 7:12:54 pm Michael L. Young wrote:
> [...]

The phones are reporting PolycomSoundPointIP-SPIP_335-UA/3.2.1.0078, so 3.2.1.
Looks like upgrading the firmware might be on the menu.  However, I'd rather
not do this unless there are known issues.

> 61147: SoundPoint IP 331, 335, 450, 550, 560, 650, 670: SoundStation IP
> 5000: Phone reboots when a GET request is sent to the phone to
> /TA/getParam?paramName=reg.1.ringType.
>
> 68063: Phone reboots when DHCP failover occurs.
>
> (I know you have 335s but someone else mentioned they had issues with 550s)
> 70988: SoundPoint IP 550: Phone when powered by external AC power reboots
> during playing of certain audio on full volume.

OK, so there may be some known issues....  I'm still trying to wrap my mind
around the fact that they ALL die at once, though.

> Just some things that came to mind when I saw your email.  I had just
> recently reviewed the release notes and they were fresh in my mind.

I'll have to do some reading.

> Hope you find a fix soon.

Thank you.  My customer and I are getting pretty frustrated.

> Regards,
>
> Michael
> (elguero)

Mike Diehl.