[asterisk-users] dahdi with isdn nt_mode, phone no signal still.

Patrick Lists asterisk-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Tue Aug 30 14:25:17 CDT 2011

On 08/30/2011 08:37 PM, Tamer Higazi wrote:
> Hi Patrick!
> Now i got it.....
>
> I am using Gentoo Linux, Asterisk 1.8.5 and Dahdi 2.4.1.
>
> The patches are automatically integrated at Gentoo. I didn't have to
> patch anything. That did the community.

Thanks for the info.

> Another question, I really don't like to buy a new ISDN phone with
> external power connector, can I make the power supply for the phone
> somehow?!

You can read more about it here:
http://home.foni.net/~jolly1/download/PBX4Linux-2.5.html

Scroll all the way down to "2.2 Connect ISDN telephones to your ISDN
card" to read howto power your ISDN phone with an NT1 (aka NTBA). You
can find a 2nd hand NT1 on ebay or try your local e-market site. I saw
several on ebay for $10.

Regards,
Patrick