[asterisk-users] Good, inexpensive wireless VOIP handsets ?

Paul Hayes paul at provu.co.uk
Tue Aug 30 08:20:23 CDT 2011

On 27/08/11 10:14, Gordon Henderson wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Aug 2011, Alan Lord (News) wrote:
>
>> On 26/08/11 19:02, linux guy wrote:
>>> I'm looking for 4 to 6 good, inexpensive VOIP handsets for my home
>>> asterisk system.
>>
>> We've been using the Siemens Gigaset 685IP range for over three years
>> and I'm (still) very pleased with them:
>
> +1

The current generation is the N300 or N300A (A = with answering
machine).  These have the advantage of being able to do 3 SIP calls at
once.  You also don't get a handset with it so you can choose whatever
handset you want (in theory doesn't even have to be a Gigaset handset as
long as it is GAP compatible but you'll have a better time if you do use
Gigaset ones, or at least one).

These definitely work well with Asterisk for me.

So if you really need 6 calls at once then you can get 2 base stations
and 6 handsets.  If you can live with 6 handsets but only 3 of them in
use at once, then a single base will do the job.

cheers,
Paul.