[asterisk-users] Wanted a modified SIP message body

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Aug 30 07:42:29 CDT 2011

On 08/30/2011 07:36 AM, Jaime Lozano wrote:

> I have been using wireshark to capture some traffic. I'm talking when
> the PBX sends OK (200) connection accepted. 3Com PBX sends "TZ=7200\n"
> (an much more things) in a SIP packet message body but Asterisk PBX
> sends packets without message body, it only sends variables in the
> message header. So I want Asterisk to send packets with a message body
> and its proper content.

This is extremely confusing, to say the least. 'a message body' and 'its
proper content' are ambiguous, especially since Asterisk already works
with pretty much every SIP UA on the planet and none of them require the
things you are asking for.

Why don't you post an actual example of what you think Asterisk should
be sending, and what it is actually sending, rather than trying to
describe the differences (which is clearly not going well)?

In general, though, you can't just put random content in a SIP request
or response message body; the message body is usually of a defined type
(application/sdp, for example), and has rules about what it can and
cannot contain.

--
Kevin P. Fleming