[asterisk-users] Dialing multiple endpoints and CallerID presentation

Olivier oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr
Mon Aug 29 02:15:39 CDT 2011

Hi,

I've got the following use case where I want to simultaneously dial 2
endpoints that both need different CallerID presentation.
How can I do that, from the dialplan preferably ?

For instance, let say phone A needs to both dial B, an internal SIP phone
and C, a cell phone reachable through a DAHDI span from a an Asterisk system
where :
1. users can use 4-digits short numbers to reach other internal phones.
2. calls going out through the DAHDI span, must have CallerIDs presented
without any prefix.

Ideally, CallerID should be presented :
1- with 4-digits for internal phones
2- with 10-digits for external phones
so that both phones can return the call without re-dialing.

Suggestions ?

A is 1234 alias DID 0555551234
B is 5678
C is 0123456789
I was thinking of using something like this:

Dial(SIP/5678<option_to_present_1234_to_callee>&DAHDI/g1<option_to_present_0555551234>/0123456789)

What could be <option_to_present_1234_to_callee> and
<option_to_present_0555551234>

Regards