[asterisk-users] seeding an originated number in a SIP phone [was: Re: Thunderbird extension using AMI to dial]

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sun Aug 28 01:56:04 CDT 2011

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 07:36:53PM +0100, Chris Hastie wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've just added direct support for AMI to a forthcoming version of
> TBDialOut, a Thunderbird extension for dialling direct from
> Thunderbird's address book. If anyone fancies testing it I'd be grateful
> for any feedback. If you feel like casting a critical eye over the code,
> or doing some translating, even better.
>
> AMI support is available in TBDialOut 1.7.0pre1, which can be found
> either at http://www.oak-wood.co.uk/tbdialout/ or from the 'Development
> channel' at the bottom of the page at
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/tbdialout/

We already have a dialer script (sent to this list a while ago) so it's
good to see that this extension support that simpler option as well (I
don't use ThunderBird, as you can see. Some others in the office do use
it).

One followup question: I originate a call from a SIP phone to some
remote number. The problem is that the number will not show up properly
in the list of outgoing calls for the phone. Any idea how to fix this
(for whatever SIP phone)?

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com