[asterisk-users] Good, inexpensive wireless VOIP handsets ?

Geoff Lane geoff at gjctech.co.uk
Fri Aug 26 13:29:25 CDT 2011

On Friday, August 26, 2011, linux guy wrote:

> Any comments on integrating a wireless POTS system into an asterisk
> system ?

All you need is an ATA channel per handset ...

FWIW, I've got three DECT analog phones in my system: two are hooked
into a Linksys PAP2 and the third is hooked into a Grandstream ATA286.
These are just like any other SIP client as far as Asterisk is
concerned.

I also had one hooked up via a Digium IAXy. ATM, the PAP2 route seems
the cheapest as there's loads on eBay (at least, there are in UK).
Just make sure what you get is unlocked because some VOIP providers
use them and lock them into their own networks.

HTH,

--
Geoff