[asterisk-users] Good, inexpensive wireless VOIP handsets ?

jon pounder jonp at inline.net
Fri Aug 26 13:24:04 CDT 2011

On 08/26/2011 02:18 PM, linux guy wrote:
> In our house, we need wireless.  I have a Grandstream already.
>
> I am looking for something with a form factor more conventional than a
> cellphone.  Maybe that is silly ?  I see various unlocked large screen
> Android devices for ~$150.

not sure what you mean "more than a cellphone" ?

get an ata such as an SPA series with 2 channels on it  or PAP2T and
plug a cordless base station in each one if you want to go cheap.

it works but a single line cordless does not at all do justice to what
can be done with asterisk.

When you say large screen are you talking about an APAD type thing?
they work just fine mounted on the wall (I use them for intercom and
general control system interface) but I would not walk around holding
one to my ear.